What is phpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used database operations can be performed via the user interface:
- managing databases
- managing tables
- managing columns
- managing relations
- managing indexes
- managing users
- managing permissions
While using phpMyAdmin you still have the ability to directly execute any SQL statement.
Where do I get phpMyAdmin?
How do I configure phpMyAdmin?
- Unzip the latest phpMyAdmin archive files into a directory you choose.
- Rename the config file. config.sample.inc.php --> config.inc.php
mv config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
// windows - you can right-click and rename or
rename config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
- Open the config.inc.php and change the blowfish secret (on line 18).
* This is needed for cookie based authentication to encrypt password in
* cookie. Needs to be 32 chars long.
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '2nv30n98v23v23n90v23b781aswew70A'; /* YOU MUST FILL IN THIS FOR COOKIE AUTH! */
- Open your browser and navigate to your new directory containing phpMyAdmin.
- Enter your database credentials and start using phpMyAdmin!