Uninstalling Kies from your Mac OS X Yosemite
On a Mac, Samsung Kies can get in the way of Android File Transfer working properly. Uninstalling Samsung Kies is the only work around for this issue.Even if you've never installed Kies on your Mac, the driver may still be on your Mac blocking Android File Transfer.
- Unplug your Android device
- Download the Kies Installer
- Open the .pkg
- Select "Uninstall"
- Reboot your computer
- Plug in Android device via USB cable
- Way to go!
Install Android File Transfer and Use Your Android Device with your Mac
- Download the Android File Transfer app.
- Open androidfiletransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files up to 4GB
I used this method for a Samsun S3 Samsung S4 Samsung S5 Samsung S6 Samsung Galaxy Tab Google Nexus Intel Android Tablets and many more Google Android devices.